What insurances do you accept?
- We are participating providers for BCBS, UHC, Humana, Aetna, and Medicare. We accept all insurances and will verify your coverage prior to receiving treatment. If you do not see your insurance it does not mean that we do not take it. Please call with any questions.
Do you have an X-ray Facility onsite?
- Yes. When medically necessary, x-ray can be performed with same day results.
How do I know Chiropractic is right for my condition?
- We offer a complimentary consultation so we can review your history and answer any questions you may have prior to beginning care. If Chiropractic is not right for you, we will make recommendations to the appropriate healthcare professional.
I am nervous or concerned about having my spine “popped” or “cracked” are there any alternatives to this method?
- Yes there is! Dr. Richard & Dr. Vanderweit are trained in several light force adjusting techniques. We use Thompson Drops, Arthro-Stim adjusting, which does not involve any cracking or popping. This light force method is just as effective as traditional adjusting techniques.
Do you have same day appointments available?
- Yes. We will make every effort to try and work with your schedule. We have early morning or late evening new patient appointments available. We are also open 6 days a week!
Will I Get Adjusted On My First Visit?
- This is one of the most common questions asked by new patients. We want you to feel better as quickly as possible, and to feel better means that if you are accepted as a new patient you’re going to need to get adjusted. However, in many cases, adjusting on the first day just doesn’t make sense. If we end up needing x-rays, you’ll want us to properly evaluate those x-rays before we just start adjusting your spine. We also provide some sort of relief treatment on your first visit if you’re in pain.
Will My insurance cover chiropractic care.
- Every insurance company offers plans that cover chiropractic care, and we are in-network for most major insurance plans. What your plan covers, however, cannot be confirmed until we call your insurance company. In some cases, we are able to gather some details online. We will confirm all of your benefits prior to your first visit if possible.
Does the adjustment hurt?
- Getting adjusted should be a comfortable experience. Some patients don’t necessarily like “the sound” but most patients love getting adjusted.
- If you’re in a lot of pain, sometimes just touching the affected area is uncomfortable, but the adjustment itself should not hurt. If you do not like a particular style of adjusting, just let us know. We are trained in several techniques and can modify your treatment plan to a style of chiropractic that works best for you, and is most comfortable.
What if I don’t want to be cracked.
- You don’t have to be “cracked” to get adjusted. We do offer several styles of chiropractic adjustments that do not involve the audible adjustment.
- Please let us know during your initial visit and we can modify your treatment plan to eliminate any “cracking” from occurring.
How do I know if chiropractic will help.
- With over 30 years combined experience, we are skilled at determining if your problem will likely be helped with chiropractic care. In our training, there are specific problems that are obviously not chiropractic problems but there are plenty that are.
- We also will not give you a treatment plan without expecting noticeable results within a specified period of time. Your expected results and time frame will be explained to you during your report of findings visit.
Do I need X-rays
- You don’t have to get x-rays unless it becomes medically necessary to do so. Not everyone requires x-rays before an adjustment, but we can’t adjust people when a potential underlying condition could make it worse.
How old do I have to be to get adjusted.
- You can get adjusted within hours of birth. There’s no minimum or maximum age requirement. Our youngest patient is 3 days old, and our oldest patient was 97.
Can I get adjusted after surgery
- Getting back surgery does not prevent you from receiving chiropractic adjustments. However, it will modify what we can and cannot do. Depending on the type of surgery you had, we will have to modifiy our adjustments and address the areas above or below the area of surgery. For low back surgery, a lot can be accomplished by adjusting the pelvis and lumbar vertebra not involved. As for the neck, we can again adjust above and below areas of surgery.
How long the first visit take.
- We do our best to have you in and out within an hour. You can save time by completing your paperwork prior to your visit.
How should I feel after my first visit.
- Most patients feel immediately better after their first adjustment. Some say they feel looser, feel like they have more energy, or very relaxed.
- Another portion of the patients will feel no major change after their initial adjustment. It can take 3-5 visits to feel whether or not “its working” in this case.
- About 10-20% of the patients feel sore after their first adjustment, like they just worked out. I recommended applying ice to the area after an adjustment for about 10-15 minutes to knock out any soreness or swelling due to the healing process. If you get sore the first time, you may get sore the next time, but the pain usually diminishes within the first few adjustments.
How long do regular visits take.
- Once you’ve completed your initial evaluation, your next visit is usually a “Report of Findings” visit, where we review the results and provide you with a treatment plan.
- Your regular adjustments should take approximately 10 minutes/visit. Depending on the type of therapy you need your visit can be about 15 minutes. If you are just getting an adjustment you can be in and our of our office under 10 minutes. Busiest times of the office are at 9AM, and 5PM. We will strive to get you in and out of the office as quickly as possible.